The library printer (Egan Customer Queue) is located on the main level (2nd floor) near the Reference Desk.
At the present time black and white printing is free for students and members of the public. Please help us conserve paper and print cartridges! Observe our Printing Guidelines posted at workstations and around the library. Do not print multiple copies of the same document, instead use the copier. Please limit your print jobs to 20 pages or less (double sided). To control costs and make adequate resources available to students, library staff reserves the right to limit the size and number of printing jobs requested by members of the public who have no current affiliation with the university.
We welcome donations from members of the public to cover the cost of printing especially large documents (~20 pages or more).
- Default Printer is Egan Customer Queue (double sided) Black & White only.
- Single-Sided Printing: From printer dialog box, choose "Preferences," then for the "Print on both sides" option, select "No"
- Printing from laptops via Wi-Fi is only supported for those logged into the UAS (secure) network. Instructions here or see Printing in the Library Guide (available at the Reference and Circulation Desks).
- Color Printing: Is available for students/staff/faculty but requires a WhaleCard for payment using WhalePrint release station located on the lower level (1st floor ) of the library. This printer is available on all Library Lab computers, instructions for adding the Color Printer to your personal computer here. Color Printing = $0.25 per 8 1/2" x 11"page and can print up to 11x17 ($.50) and can be used with your own paper by selecting the manual feed tray from the print options menu when sending the job.
- Microfilm Printing and Microfilm Scanning to PDF is on the main level.
Several scanning options are available. There is a public access scanner/copier near the Circulation Desk. The Eqan Customer Queue printer may also be used as a scanner. Both support color and duplex scanning to pdf withou output to email only.
A self-service Black & White Copier is located on the main level by the Circulation Desk ($.10 per page). Prepaid copy cards are available for sale at the Circulation Desk ($5, $10, $20).