We provide reference services (assistance to help you find the information that you need) via a variety of methods in both the face-to-face and e-Learning environments. We can help you: refine a topic to make it manageable, find a range of quality information resources on a topic, cite your sources properly, and more! We answer directional questions, computing technology questions, and in-depth research questions. We answer these questions in person, by telephone, by chat, and by email. We are here to support students in completing their coursework, to support faculty in their academic pursuits, and to support community members in accessing the information they need.
There are many ways in which to get in touch with us to ask questions:
- Visit us at the reference desk! The reference desk is located on the main level of the Library. The desk is staffed during our open hours.
- Sign up for a Private Research Consultation in order to schedule an in-depth appointment with a librarian in response to your particular research need.
- Call us with your questions during our open hours at 796-6502 (local) or 1-877-796-6502 (toll free).
- Contact us by email. You can use the Ask a Reference Librarian email form to submit a reference question to us. We respond within a few hours of your request during our open hours.
- Use our chat service to ask questions online. Look for the “Online-Click here to chat” message on the bottom left-hand corner of the Library’s homepage. This service is also available during our open hours.
- Reference services are also an integral part of our Information Literacy Instruction program.