- The Egan Library offers 21 PCs. 10 are Student Workstations that have a full suite of university software, 4 Timed Internet Workstations (requires login with library card/student ID#/or guest pass), 4 Express Internet Workstations (15 mins, no login) and 3 Library Search Stations (catalog and library e-resources only).
- The Learning Center and Writing Center (located on the lower level of the library) offer an additional 15 Student Workstations as well as computer based test proctoring.
- PC laptops are available for 24 hour checkout for UAS students (check availability).
- Egan Library Computer Use Policy
- Policy for Timed Workstations
- Egan Library provides both open (UAS Guest) and secure (UAS) Wi-Fi access. Wireless access to networked printers for authenticated UAS users only.
- You can access the network from anywhere on campus using the UAS wireless.
- All campus classroom buildings, cafeteria, housing, and the library have wireless connectivity which is Wi-Fi (802.11b) compliant.
- Most wireless computers will detect our network automatically. If yours does not, please stop by the Reference Desk or Library and Classroom Technology Support Desk (near the front door of Egan Library) for further assistance!
- Student Workstations are virtual desktops and equipped with the standard academic build which includes Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite 5 (including Photoshop), Google Earth and other course specific software including MATLAB, SPSS, R, and more.
- Timed Internet and Express Workstations have MS Office 2013 (Word, Power Point, Excel), Firefox, Explorer and Adobe Reader.
Print, Scan, Copy
Learn how to Print, Scan and Copy in the Library
Equipment checkout is limited to UAS students, faculty and staff with the exception of headphones and typewriter power cords. This is a partial list of all available equipment for checkout. For complete list click, view current availability in the library catalog (or search "Egan Library Checkout").
- Portable DVD-RW drives (USB)
- Digital Audio Recorders
- Nook Touch eReaders
- Graphing calculators
- Digital Projector
- MP3 players
- Headphones and microphone/headphoneheadsets
- Digital Adapters (HDMI, mini display port>VGA, iPhone/iPad/iPod 30 pin>HDMI)
- Digital cameras and Flip HD Video cameras
- Photo Slide Projector
- Projection screen
- Teleconference conveners (for use in study/conference rooms)
- Typewriter power cords (for use with electric typewriters in study/conference rooms)
- Power Chargers (iPhone/iPad/iPod 30 pin only)
The Egan Library maintains a digital display on the main level in a high traffic area near the circulation desk. The display is used to increase awareness of Library related services, events, news, and initiatives are the top priority for the digital display board. The Egan display may also feature non-library campus research and creative activities as space permits.
Campus groups interested in placing images on the display should read our Digital Display Policy Guidelines. Display ready images (conform to the above guidelines) can be sent to Jennifer Ward (Qustions? 796-6285).
Library staff are not able to prepare/modify non-conforming images.