I’m pleased to announce that Dr. Priscilla Schulte, Ketchikan Campus Director, has agreed to serve as UAS Interim Provost for the coming academic year while a search takes place for a permanent Provost. Dr. Schulte will begin this new assignment on August 9, 2015. Our expectation is that she will remain in this role through the 2015-2016 academic year with a hope that a new provost will be on board in early summer 2016. Priscilla will remain Ketchikan Campus Director but she will move to Juneau for the duration of this assignment. She will continue to return to Ketchikan periodically over the course of the academic year. In her interim role, Priscilla will represent UAS in important leadership venues including Board of Regents and Summit Team meetings and Statewide Academic Council.
In making this arrangement, I consulted with Faculty Senate President Maren Haavig and with UAS deans and directors. All expressed support for this arrangement—noting Priscilla’s long and distinguished career at UAS as a tenured full professor, an active researcher, and most recently a highly-effective campus director. I personally am very grateful for Priscilla’s willingness to take on this assignment. I know that she will serve UAS well as Interim Provost. I also know that she will ensure that the good work of Ketchikan Campus faculty and staff will continue during the interim. I am committed to supporting her and Ketchikan personnel in fulfilling that expectation.
With this arrangement in place, I’ll be consulting with faculty leadership and others about next steps in recruitment of a permanent Provost. Our hope is to get this process started in August, including formation of a committee led by a senior faculty member. I invite your thoughts and suggestions about this important recruitment.
Please join me in welcoming Priscilla into the new role of Interim Provost for AY15-16.
With kind regards,
The Provost’s Office handles vital issues such as: academic budget priorities and requests, academic programming initiatives, as well as faculty and staff concerns which include recruitment, promotion, and tenure. The Provost works closely with the Faculty Senate and the Provost’s Council on these issues.
- 08/20/15 - The AY 15-16 Adjunct Faculty Handbook has been posted!
- 07/31/15 - The Fall Convocation Final Agenda has been posted!
- 07/31/15 - Handouts for Convocation have been posted!
- 07/17/15 - The Event's and Training Calendar has been updated!
- 07/17/15 - Congratulations to all faculty who received AY 14-15 Promotions & Tenures!
- 07/01/15 - The AY 15-16 Faculty Handbook is now posted!
- 06/25/15 - UNAC & UAFT AY 15-16 Master Tracking Sheets have been updated on the Faculty Resources page, Evaluation tab!
- 06/05/15 - The new AY 15-16 Program Review Schedule has been posted!