Faculty Recognition and Awards
The Provost's Office would like to recognize the UAS faculty for their professional accomplishments and dedication to the University of Alaska. Please take the time to read about some of the many dedicated faculty at UAS.
- Promotions and Tenures (AY 2013-14)
To nominate a faculty member for a faculty excellence award or emeritus status, please consult the documents below:
Women of Distinction - 2015
This year Ernestine Hayes (Assistant Professor of English, UAS Juneau), Betty Kaplor, Shari Paul, and Laraine Derr were honored as the 2015 Women of Distinction in Juneau.
The objective of the Women of Distinction:
- Celebrate women of distinction in our community;
- Recognize women whos work (paid and/or volunteer) has benefited the lives of women and children in Juneau;
- Honor unsung heroes of the community, as well as those with publicly recognized achievement;
- Support and encourage community members and groups to recognize women of distinction within their organizations; and
- Raise funds to support AWARE's work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
ASTE Technology Teacher of the Year - 2015
Congratulations to Dr. Lee Graham, Assistant Professor of Education and co-chair of the TLTR Committee for winning ASTE Technology Teacher of the Year Award - 2015.
ASTE - Where Technology and Education Converge: Promoting access to technology, connectivity to information resources, and technology integration for all Alaskan learners.
Online Science Labs Mastery Series
Susan Kendig, Assistant Professor, Natural Sciences/Chemistry (Juneau)
Chip McMillan, Associate Professor, Education (Juneau)
Paul Bahna, Assistant Professor, Geology (Sitka)
Were nominated and accepted to participate in the Online Science Labs Mastery Series through the Online Learning Consortium (January-March).
This opportunity was offered last December to fulltime UAS faculty interested in participating in the web-based workshops. Interested faculty submitted a one-page statement of interest to the Office of the Provost. The statements were reviewed by the Provost and Faculty Senate leadership for selection.
Faculty Promotions and Tenures
2014-15 Academic Year
It is with great pride that the University of Alaska Southeast announces the recent promotion and/or tenure of our esteemed faculty.