The purpose of the Wilson Fund is to support "faculty travel to meetings of international, national, and major regional professional academic associations for the purpose of participation in a conference program as a panel chair or paper presenter... or for those in the arts for the purpose of having their creations or techniques critiqued and reviewed by peers."
For complete information regarding the Wilson Endowment Fund, please see:
Applications are accepted from July 1 through June 1 for qualifying activities occurring in that fiscal year. Multiple applications may be submitted, so long as the total allocation for any individual faculty member does not exceed $1,500. Applications are reviewed by the Provost on a first come, first served basis. The Provost issues decisions within ten days.
Applications are to be completed online using the template located on the adjacent Application tab. To complete the application, it is necessary to include the following materials:
- Permission from Dean or Director to travel (in the form of an approved AT)
- Invitation or confirmation letter
- Event brochure
- Paper to be presented
- Breakdown of requested funding
- Other related materials
When the submit button is clicked, the application will automatically be submitted to the Provost. Following consultation with the appropriate Dean or Director, the Provost will act upon the request via e-mail to the faculty member (and copy their Dean and Administrative Manager). If approved, the e-mail will include confirmation of the dollar amount approved.
At this point, the faculty member can proceed to coordinate travel plans with their designated department administrative staff.
Within 15 calendar days of completion of travel, faculty must submit:
- Travel paperwork and supporting documentation to their administrative support staff
- Wilson Fund Activity Report to the Provost's Office (email@example.com) including the following:
- Description and evaluation of the activity and the faculty's participation (e.g., benefit gained; critical assessment of activity; insights gained; etc.)
- Evidence that the activity took place (e.g., a letter of thanks; the final program; etc.)
Administrative Support Information
All Wilson Fund approved expenses will be handled as reimbursements to the department.
Please note: This is a new procedure. Reimbursements cannot exceed pre-approved amount.
Administrative staff will:
- Coordinate and acquire all Wilson Fund travel using departmental funds
- At the conclusion of travel and after expense reports have been completed, admins will submit to the Provost's Office:
- A journal voucher (JV) seeking reimbursement
- Supporting documentation including the following:
- E-mail approval from the Provost
- Conference invitation
- Conference agenda
- Other materials (brochures, etc.)