Register for Classes
First Time Registering for Classes?
After you receive your student ID number, set your username and password through our Easy Login Maintenance Option (ELMO).
Problems Logging In?
Contact our IT helpdesk if you have any trouble with the ELMO process.
Priority Registration: Current Students
Only UAS degree-seeking students may register for classes during the priority registration period. Space in classes cannot be held for non-degree seeking, UAF, or UAA students during priority registration.
Open Registration: All Students
All students are welcome to register during open registration. This includes non-degree seeking, UAF, and UAA students.
Registering for Classes After the First Day of Instruction
If the class has already started students will need the instructor's approval. Once the approval is obtained, the instructor can either enter an override in UAOnline so the student can register online or sign a Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change form.
The University of Alaska system provides a tool called "Schedule Planner" that can help you generate your schedule around your desired courses and break schedule. Schedule Planner is available to all students.
Getting Started with Class Registration
The Schedule Planner tool can help you create your perfect schedule and is available to all students.
In order to register for a class, students will need to make sure they meet the prerequisites. More information on prerequisites along, with other registration process concepts, is available on the Registration Terminology page.
Registering for Classes Online
- Login to UAOnline
- Select Student Services and Account Information
- Select Registration
- Select Register/Add/Drop Classes (Add/Drop available only during the Drop Period)
- Select the term
- Enter the Course Reference Number (CRN) under the Add Classes Worksheet. If you are registering for multiple classes enter the CRNs in separate boxes.
- Select Complete Registration Changes
- Read and accept the notice of responsibility to pay the tuition and fees associated with the class(es). A current schedule will appear above the Add Classes Worksheet. Verify that the status says "Registered Web on [Current Date]"
- Select Pay Now. Contact the Student Accounts Office for further assistance or questions regarding payment.
Registering for Classes with a Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change Form
If you are currently registered for a course, use the the Course Add/Drop/Change form to add or drop a course. Otherwise, fill out the Course Registration form in order to register for courses.
Students can complete and sign a Course Registration or Course Add/Drop/Change form and deliver it in-person, by email, by mail or by faxing. Please be advised we do not accept typed signatures on forms. You will be asked to show a valid government issued or student ID if dropping the form off in person.
- Fax: (907) 796-6365
- Email: email@example.com
- In person: Novatney Building, top floor (Show a valid government issued or student ID if dropping the form off in person)
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801
Professional Development/593 Classes
For Professional Development/593 classes online registration is the only option. Paper registration forms received by the Registrar's office will not be processed and will be returned to the student.
Students are allowed to drop the class prior to the first meeting. No drop or withdraw option is available once the class starts.
For more information contact the Alaska College of Education by phone at 907-796-6076 or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) by phone at 907-786-1933 or through email (email@example.com).