Ketchikan Campus Room Scheduling:
Brenda Hurley, email@example.com, 907-228-4513
Sitka Campus Room Scheduling:
Randy Nutting, firstname.lastname@example.org, 907-747-7701
Juneau Campus Room Scheduling:
University rooms can be used by student clubs, staff and faculty, as well as by nonprofit community, state, federal, or civic groups on a space available basis, University functions receive priority. To request a room*, visit the Astra Schedule and click “Request an Event”. Current students, staff, and faculty can use their UA Username and Password to login to Astra.
*Not all rooms are scheduled by the Facilities Scheduling Coordinator. For the following rooms, please consult the listed contact:
||Facilities Scheduling Coordinator at (907) 796-6459|
|Novatney||Conference Room||School of Management at (907) 796-6409|
|Student Recreation Center||Various, see Website||Phil Paramore at (907) 796-6545|
|Library||Main Room (Not Conference Rooms)||Beatrice Franklin at (907)796-6249|
|Noyes Pavilion||View the Facilities Website||Facility Services at (907) 796-6496|
To view room availability, please visit the Astra Schedule.
Please contact the Facilities Scheduling Coordinator, Jim Isturis at (907) 796-6459 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Room Rental Fees
University sponsored events, student clubs, staff, faculty and the Juneau School District are not charged for using University facilities. Nonprofit organizations are requested to furnish their nonprofit tax ID as proof of nonprofit status and are charged by the hour:
- 2 hours = $70
- 4 hours = $140
- 6 hours = $210
- 8 hours = $280
Payment must be received 3 days prior to usage. Refunds will be issued if cancellation notice is given 2 days prior to event, or if UAS cancels the event. Credits will not be issued. Room(s) may not be scheduled for more than 3 days consecutively, unless pre-approved by the coordinator. Additional fees may apply for computer rooms.
Rules for Room Use
When classes are in session, rooms will be scheduled (on a space available basis) 8:00 am - 9:30 pm Monday through Thursday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm on Friday and 8:00 am - 9:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday. UAS facilities WILL NOT be scheduled on University holidays.
It is further agreed and certified that the organization will abide by the following rental rules and regulations. Failure to follow these rules will result in forfeiture of the rental fees and future use of facilities. Additional charges will be assessed for cleanup or other related expenses.
Rental Rules and Regulations
- No message phone or copying service available.
- Smoking is not allowed in any university building.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in/on university property.
- Hazardous and flammable materials are not allowed.
- Children shall be supervised at all times while on UAS property.
- Use is limited to the scheduled room(s) and only during the hours specified.
- Group size may not exceed the posted seating capacity of room(s).
- The scheduling client will protect UAS property from damage or mistreatment, and is responsible for the condition in which the building/room(s) is left. In the event UAS property is damaged or stolen, the organization will be held liable and charged for the cost of repairs or replacement. Signature on room rental agreement concurs.
- University property shall be returned to its original location after use, a minimum charge of $100 will be charged if terms are not met.
- Facility use may be revoked by UAS whenever that use interferes or has a direct conflict with UAS classes or programs.
- The scheduling event shall hold the University, employees, officers, agents and Board of Regents blameless in the case of unavailability of the facilities, except return of rental monies.
- Indemnify, defend and save harmless, UAS, its employees, officers, agents and Board of Regents, against any claim of any loss, damage, or injury to person or property resulting directly or indirectly from an accident occurring in, upon or about the premises of UAS as a result of the acts, errors or omissions of the above named group or organization or arising in connection with their operations, use or occupancy of the premises.
- UAS Dining Services has exclusive rights for catering and food services on the UAS campus. UAS Dining Services can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (907) 796-6520.
- If the event is open to UAS students, faculty or staff the event must be posted in the UAS campus calendar for the room reservation to be confirmed.
For more information on:
Catering or food/beverage service, contact UAS Dining Services at (907) 796-6520.
Available media, contact UAS Media Services at (907) 796-6400.