Ketchikan Campus Room Scheduling:
Brenda Hurley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 907-228-4513
Sitka Campus Room Scheduling:
Randy Nutting, email@example.com, 907-747-7701
Juneau Campus Room Scheduling:
University classrooms are available for student clubs, staff and faculty, as well as by nonprofit community, state, federal, or civic groups. For-profit groups may also reserve classrooms on a space available basis, university events receive priority.
Online Event Request
Visit the Astra Schedule and click “Request an Event”. Current students, staff, and faculty do have the option of logging to Astra with their UA Username and Password. However, a login is NOT required to submit an online classroom request.
View our Organizing Your Event at UAS Brochure (229KB) for assistance organizing your event. Links to all event services are also available on the Astra Schedule. Floor plans of the buildings are available from the Facilities Website.
Only the following designated rooms must be scheduled through the appropriate individuals:
|Library||Main Room (Not Conference Rooms)||Beatrice Franklin (907)796-6470|
|Novatney||Conference Room||School of Management (907) 796-6409|
|Noyes Pavilion||View the Facilities website
||Facility Services (907) 796-6496|
|Student Recreation Center||Various, see website||Phil Paramore (907) 796-6545|
Visit Astra Schedule and click the Calendars tab to view classroom availability or check if an event has been scheduled. The calendar views all events and classes scheduled on the Juneau Campus. A login is not required to view calendars.
Questions? Jim Isturis
UAS Room Rental Fees
UAS faculty, staff, and student clubs are not charged for using rooms for university business. Non-profit organizations MUST provide their non-profit tax ID as proof of non-profit status.
Classroom Rental Rates (174 KB)
Department Sponsorship of Third-Party Use of Classrooms
A department may sponsor for external use of rooms by paying the rental rate with departmental funds. Rental rates are determined by the for-profit/non-profit status of the third-party sponsored by the department. Department sponsorship requires approval from the department’s representative on the Space Utilization Committee.
Space Utilization Committee Representatives
Payment must be received within three (3) days prior to event. Refunds will be issued if cancellation notice is received two (2) days prior to event or if UAS cancels the event. Credits cannot be issued.
Additional charges will be assessed for cleanup after an event.
Rules and Regulations
Upon booking a university classroom, it is agreed and certified that the non-UAS organization will abide by the following rental rules and regulations. Failure to follow these rules will result in forfeiture of the rental fees and future use of facilities.
1. UAS Priority - When event bookings are confirmed, it is with the understanding that university use, particularly in support of academic classes, has priority and may preempt events.
2. Classroom Request Time Frames - UAS classrooms ARE NOT available on University holidays due to campus closure. Visit the Academic Calendar for details. When classes are in session, classrooms will be scheduled on space available basis only according to the time frames below:
8:00 AM – 9:30 PM
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
8:00 AM – 9:30 PM
3. UAS Dining Services has exclusive rights for catering and food services on the UAS campus. UAS Dining Services can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 796-6520.
4. Events open to UAS students, faculty or staff, must be posted on the UAS campus calendar for the room reservation to be confirmed.
5. No message phone or copying service available.
6. Smoking is not allowed in any UAS building.
7. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in/on UAS property.
8. Hazardous and flammable materials are not allowed.
9. Children must be supervised at all times while on UAS property.
10. Use is limited to the scheduled room(s) and only during the hours specified.
11. Group size may not exceed the posted seating capacity of classroom(s).
12. The customer will protect UAS property from damage or mistreatment, and is responsible for the condition in which the building/classroom(s) is left. In the event UAS property is damaged or stolen, the organization will be held liable and charged for the cost of repairs or replacement.
13. UAS property shall be returned to its original location after use, a minimum charge of $100 will be charged if terms are not met.
14. Facility use will be revoked or canceled by UAS if usage has a conflict of interest with UAS classes, programs, or mission.
15. The customer shall hold the University, employees, officers, agents and Board of Regents blameless in the case of unavailability of the facilities, except return of rental monies.
16. Indemnify, defend and save harmless, UAS, its employees, officers, agents and Board of Regents, against any claim of any loss, damage, or injury to person or property resulting directly or indirectly from an accident occurring in, upon or about the premises of UAS as a result of the acts, errors or omissions of the non-UAS organization arising in connection with their operations, use or occupancy of the premises.