Skip to content
 Scroll To Top

Registration is officially signing up for a course(s). UAS is an open-enrollment institution, meaning you do not need to be admitted to a degree program to take classes.

Once you are formally admitted and in attendance, you may request to change your degree, major, minor, assigned academic advisor, or you may add a 2nd degree.  These changes can be made by completing the Change of Major Form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office via fax, email, mail, or in person. Please be advised that you will be asked to show a valid government issued or student ID if dropping the form off in person. 

Note: Formal acceptance of requested changes requires departmental dean's signature

Change: Mailing and/or permanent address (and phone)

  • Sign into UAOnline
  • Choose "Personal Information"
  • Choose "Manage Your Address, Email, and Phone Information"
  • Submit new changes

Watch video tutorial on how to change address and phone in UAOnline

These changes can also be made by filling out Change Form & submitting to the Registrar's Office

Change: Name

In order to change your name, a Change Form needs to be submitted to the Registrar's Office along with a copy of one of the following (which shows new name):

  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Permanent resident card
  • Social security card (required if a past/present university employee, submit documents to Human Resources)

A degree audit shows how the classes you've taken apply toward your degree program, and lists all remaining degree requirements. The best time to request a degree audit is once you have 40+ credits if seeking an Associate's degree, or 85+ credits if seeking a Bachelor's degree.

An unofficial degree audit may be completed & printed using UAOnline

View more information regarding degree audits

Your transcript is your academic record at a particular institution. It shows all the courses you have taken, grades, and any degrees or certificates you have earned.

View more information about ordering official and unofficial transcripts

Enrollment verifications provide proof of your current, and past enrollment status (for example: full-time or part-time, and number of credits registered for). They can be used for insurance, employment, or scholarship purposes.

View more information about ordering an enrollment verification

If you qualify for resident status, as stated in the Academic Catalog, you may complete the Application for Resident Tuition Assessment. Applications must be submitted, along with appropriate documentation, to the Registrar's Office prior to the end of the Add/Drop period for the semester you are requesting the change to take place.

You may petition for exceptions to policies regarding academics or financial obligations under specific circumstances.

View more information about submitting a petition

All students education records are protected under FERPA: Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.  This states that your academic records are private to any party outside yourself.  If you would like to allow release of any of your education records (to your parents, guardian, spouse etc...), you will need to submit the Education Record Information Release form to the Registrar's Office along with government issued photo ID.

View more information about FERPA

Dual enrollment is for qualified secondary school students who are simultaneously enrolled in high school curriculum and wish to take UAS courses.

View more information about dual enrollment

The Tuition waiver benefit was updated for 2013 to include a probationary period for newly hired employees, additional credit hours available for employees and minimum cumulative GPA standards.  Regular part-time and full-time employees and their families may take advantage of the university’s tuition waiver program to work toward a degree or improve their job skills.  Employees hired on or after January 1, 2013 must satisfy the six-month new employee probationary period to be eligible for the tuition waiver benefits for themselves and their dependents.

Continued Eligibility: Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate students is required to continue receiving tuition waiver benefits.


Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver

Tuition Waivers are available for senior citizens who are Alaska residents and are otherwise age eligible to receive full social security retirement benefits.  Registration on a space available basis is only allowed on or after the first day of instruction.  Senior citizens who register before this day are not eligible for the tuition waiver.  Also, senior citizens who paid normal tuition to register early will not be allowed to drop and later re-register the class in order to take advantage of the waiver.  Tuition waivers must be turned in before payment.  No reimbursements will be made.  Waivers cover tuition ONLY.  Fees not covered by the waiver (i.e. student activity fees, course lab fees, health center fees, technology fees, etc.) are the student’s responsibility and must be paid by the deadline.

Please submit tuition waivers to Student Accounts after registration is complete.

UAS will perform an official evaluation of your transfer credits only after your have been admitted to an undergraduate degree/certificate program.

For a full list of transfer credit policies & more information regarding transferring within the UA system refer to the Transfer Credit site

Wondering if your credits will transfer before you apply?
Check out the transfer credit resource site - an unofficial query of courses that have been evaluated from other regionally accredited universities.

More Questions?
You may contact the Transfer Credit Evaluator at 907-796-6366


Content maintained by Registrar. Feedback Form