Call for Student Presentations! URECA Symposium: Wednesday, April 13, 2-5 pm in the Glacier View Room
The sixth annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Symposium will be held Wednesday, April 13 from 2-5 in the Glacier View Room on the Juneau campus. Faculty members are encouraged to have their students give brief presentations on the research or creative activity the have pursued while at UAS.
The format for student presentations can be flexible in keeping with the variety of projects that students have conducted. Presentations should be 6-7 minutes in length after which there will be 2-3 minutes for Q&A for a total of about ten minutes. It can be a conventional presentation with slides or images, maybe a video, or a prepared talk. Poster submissions are welcome as well.
Students should submit their request to present (or submit a poster) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before April 8 so that we can finalize the presentation schedule on April 11. The request needs to include:
· Student Name
· Project title and/or subject
· Faculty Mentor name
· Format: 1. A presentation? Slides, talk? OR, 2. A poster?
· Preferred time between 2:00 and 5:00
Attention All UAS Undergraduate Students, the 2016 URECA Award application for funding is now available!
UAS is excited to announce that this year’s Undergraduate REsearch and Creative Activity (URECA) application period is now open. If you have a research or creative project that you would like to undertake, please consider applying for funding through URECA. We can offer up to $2,500 to selected students who design and complete their own projects with the guidance of a faculty mentor.
Application forms are attached. Challenge yourself to dig into something you’ve always been curious about! Read the application and see if it fits your project.
· Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm, December 13, 2015.
· Funding for successful applicants will become available beginning in January 2016.
· Projects must be completed by June 15, 2016.
· Successful applicants will present their projects to the UAS community at the April 2016 or April 2017 URECA symposium.
The Heidelberg Laureate Forum connects highly talented
young researchers (undergraduates, PhD candidates and postdocs)
with the top scientists in mathematics and computer science.
- You are now subscribed to the Opportunities and Events weblog of the UAS Research & Creative Activities website.
- If you do not wish to be part of this resource and receive information about research/creative activities - related events and opportunities, then please let any of the 3 people below know and we'll unsubscribe you.
- Please make your colleagues and staff aware of the weblog and website, since there is no centralized way of determining who at UAS is involved or interested in research & creative activities. Users can be subscribed through any one of the 3 contacts below.
- Finally, if you know of an event or opportunity that might be of general interest to the UAS research / creative activity community, then please send that information to any one of the 3 people below to post and distribute.
Sanjay Pyare (Chair, UAS Research & Creative Activity Committee)
Weblog Contact Information
Anita Parrish firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Jensen email@example.com
Sanjay Pyare firstname.lastname@example.org