Attention All UAS Undergraduate Students, the 2017 URECA Award application for funding is now available!
UAS is excited to announce that this year’s Undergraduate REsearch and Creative Activity (URECA) application period is now open. If you have a research or creative project that you would like to undertake, please consider applying for funding through URECA. We can offer up to $2,500 to selected students who design and complete their own projects with the guidance of a faculty mentor.
Application forms are attached. Challenge yourself to dig into something you’ve always been curious about! Read the application and see if it fits your project.
Important dates to note:
· Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm, November 21, 2016
· Funding for successful applicants will become available beginning in January 2017.
· Projects must be completed by June 15, 2017.
· Successful applicants will present their projects to the UAS community at the April 2017 URECA symposium or other approved venue.
Call for Student Presentations! URECA Symposium: Wednesday, April 13, 2-5 pm in the Glacier View Room
The sixth annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Symposium will be held Wednesday, April 13 from 2-5 in the Glacier View Room on the Juneau campus. Faculty members are encouraged to have their students give brief presentations on the research or creative activity the have pursued while at UAS.
The format for student presentations can be flexible in keeping with the variety of projects that students have conducted. Presentations should be 6-7 minutes in length after which there will be 2-3 minutes for Q&A for a total of about ten minutes. It can be a conventional presentation with slides or images, maybe a video, or a prepared talk. Poster submissions are welcome as well.
Students should submit their request to present (or submit a poster) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before April 8 so that we can finalize the presentation schedule on April 11. The request needs to include:
· Student Name
· Project title and/or subject
· Faculty Mentor name
· Format: 1. A presentation? Slides, talk? OR, 2. A poster?
· Preferred time between 2:00 and 5:00