2014 Undergraduate Student Awards for Research and Creative Activity
Deadline: 5:00 pm, December 9, 2013
UAS announces a competition for undergraduate student awards for research, creative activity and scholarship for the 2014 spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Click here to download the application form and get more information.
1. Current University of Alaska Southeast students (full or part time; Juneau, Sitka, and Ketchikan campuses). Priority will be given to those students who have been accepted into a degree program.
2. Students in good academic standing.
3. The project or activity must be associated with a UAS faculty mentor who will agree to participate as both project and presentation mentor.
4. Any student engaged in a research project or creative activity beyond regular catalog class requirements. If students wish to have transcripted credit for their URECA activity, they may work with their faculty mentor to register for individual research credits (-398, -498).
5. The award must be used for activities or expenses associated with a research project or creative activity, and cannot be used for: (a) personal expenses, (b) salaries, (c) honoraria or stipends, (d) tuition, (e) academic expenses like classroom textbooks, or (f) travel solely to present at a conference. Travel that allows a student to engage in research or creative activities (e.g. collecting materials or information, field work) will be supported.
6. The project or activity must include specific deliverables/outcomes (e.g., conference presentation, gallery showing, short film, publication) or specific events (e.g., outreach, workshop).
Amount and duration of award: Awardees will receive up to $2,500 to facilitate a project. The duration of this award is from February 1, 2014 through December 1, 2014.