There is a critical shortage of Alaskans in the Law Enforcement profession. Enhance your professional opportunities with up to date industry specific training. Earn this degree entirely in an online format from anywhere in the state with an appropriate computer and Internet connection.
This program offers a Certificate in Fisheries Technology as well as an Associate of Applied Science in Fisheries Technology degree. We can help you get the education you need to obtain one of the many jobs open in this field. Earn a degree or certificate in fisheries from the comfort of your own home, via online classes.
100% of UAS CNA students pass State certification test
UAS Sitka is happy to announce that 100% of the fall class of UAS Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) students passed their final test, and then passed the Alaska State Certification Exam. It is not uncommon for states to report CNA failure rates of between 20% and 40%. At UAS Sitka Campus, we take great satisfaction in helping our students beat those odds. Confidence is key. By building their confidence, our faculty and Student Success Center work to help them be successful in their education and their life. The next cohort of CNA students began their 15-week course last week.
Upcoming Classes - Fall Semester
- Sep15-Oct 13 - College Success How to succeed in college and life
- Sep 15-Dec 13 - How to Teach Online For teachers - an award-winning course on how to teach online
- Sep 22-26 - Silver Engraving Nick Galanin shares the secrets of this Northwest Coast art
- Sep 22-Dec 13 - Construction Learn how to build a tiny house or float house in this evening course
- Sep 23-Dec 13 - Welding Al Puckett will teach the latest welding skills - evening course
- Sep 30-Oct 5 - Marine Safety AMSEA instruction that could save your life Oct 1 - Social Security Questions Get your questions answered by an expert
- Oct 1-29 - Chasing/Repousse Learn how to pound and texture sheet metal into works of art- an ancient native Alaskan technique taught by Nick Galanin
- Oct 27-29 - Salmon Culture Lab Intensive hands-on lab at several local hatcheries by Jim Seeland
- Oct 27-Nov 17 - Blurb Books Harriett McClain shows you how to make your own books from your photos
- Oct 29-Nov 19 - SLR Camera The basics you were afraid to ask... fun course with Harriett McClain
- Oct 30-Nov 1 - Research: Whalefest Jan Straley guides you in analysis of the science presentations at Whalefest
A career as a health information professional offers a unique opportunity to blend an interest in medicine with the multifaceted information management challenges of tomorrow. We offer the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in health information technology, management, coding, and privacy and security through courses available online.
Chris Gilmer to be new Sitka Campus Director
The University of Alaska Southeast, Sitka Campus, is pleased to announce that Dr. Chris Gilmer has been selected to be the next Sitka Campus Director. Gilmer comes to Sitka from Walden University where he held the position of Core Professor and Chair of the Department of Undergraduate Writing. He will assume his new role effective July 1, 2015. In his new position, Gilmer will be the chief executive officer responsible for strategic development and day-to-day operations at the Sitka Campus, as well as part of the UAS regional leadership team. In addition, Gilmer will be responsible for developing and maintaining active industry, governmental, and community partnerships that support and enhance the UAS mission. Prior to Walden University, Gilmer held both teaching and administrative roles at Mississippi State University (Mississippi State, MS), Jackson State University (Jackson, MS), and Tougaloo College (Jackson, MS). Gilmer received his Ph.D. in English from the University of Southern Mississippi (Hattiesburg, MS), and earned his M.A. in English from Mississippi College (Clinton, MS).