There is a critical shortage of Alaskans in the Law Enforcement profession. Enhance your professional opportunities with up to date industry specific training. Earn this degree entirely in an online format from anywhere in the state with an appropriate computer and Internet connection.
This program offers a Certificate in Fisheries Technology as well as an Associate of Applied Science in Fisheries Technology degree. We can help you get the education you need to obtain one of the many jobs open in this field. Earn a degree or certificate in fisheries from the comfort of your own home, via online classes.
7 students putting new CNA prof to the test
Now that the class is well underway, it is the CNA students in this fall's class who are putting their new CNA prof, Shelley Adams to the test. As one student put it, "I keep asking her questions, day and night, and she always gets right back to me." Pictured are 6 of the students in this fall's class: left to right, seated: Careena Ainslie, Brooke Darr, Halden Joy Calumag, and Jhanna Antolin. Standing, Erika Gudino, Kerwin Lozano, and Shelley Adams. Clinical rotations begin in November. Students will be able to experience real-world care of patients at Sitka Community Hospital and the Pioneer Home. Longtime CNA prof Bec Austin will also serve as a clinical instructor for this class.
Upcoming Classes - Fall Semester
- Sep15-Oct 13 - College Success How to succeed in college and life
- Sep 15-Dec 13 - How to Teach Online For teachers - an award-winning course on how to teach online
- Sep 22-26 - Silver Engraving Nick Galanin shares the secrets of this Northwest Coast art
- Sep 22-Dec 13 - Construction Learn how to build a tiny house or float house in this evening course
- Sep 23-Dec 13 - Welding Al Puckett will teach the latest welding skills - evening course
- Sep 30-Oct 5 - Marine Safety AMSEA instruction that could save your life Oct 1 - Social Security Questions Get your questions answered by an expert
- Oct 1-29 - Chasing/Repousse Learn how to pound and texture sheet metal into works of art- an ancient native Alaskan technique taught by Nick Galanin
- Oct 27-29 - Salmon Culture Lab Intensive hands-on lab at several local hatcheries by Jim Seeland
- Oct 27-Nov 17 - Blurb Books Harriett McClain shows you how to make your own books from your photos
- Oct 29-Nov 19 - SLR Camera The basics you were afraid to ask... fun course with Harriett McClain
- Oct 30-Nov 1 - Research: Whalefest Jan Straley guides you in analysis of the science presentations at Whalefest
A career as a health information professional offers a unique opportunity to blend an interest in medicine with the multifaceted information management challenges of tomorrow. We offer the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in health information technology, management, coding, and privacy and security through courses available online.