Saving Elluminate Whiteboards
Both students and instructors can save the whiteboards from an Elluminate session.
While still in the session
- From the File menu choose "Save" and then "Whiteboard..."
Choose a location on your computer for the file:
Click on the arrow in the box next to Save In and choose a location for your saved file. The default is the desktop.
Choose a file format:
- The first two: Whiteboard File (wbd) and Protected Whiteboard File (wbp) will save in a format that can later be re-loaded into Elluminate but only by an instructor or other moderator. They are not useful outside of Elluminate - students will not want to use these formats.
- Whiteboard PDF is a good choice if you want to save the whiteboards for reference and to review later. Several whiteboards can be saved as a single PDF file. These files can be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Whiteboard PNG is an image file format. It can be used to save individual whiteboards as images which might be pasted into MS Word, Powerpoint or other programs.
To save the whiteboards for your own notes or to review later:
- Choose Whiteboard PDF as your file format
- Give the file a name
- Make you are in the location you want to save, then click "Save"
- If the filename already exists you will be warned
- You next select to save
- Current Screen Group
- Selected Screens
- Current Screen
If you choose Selected Screen you will be given the opportunity to select screens. Hold down the Cntrl key to select multiple screens. If you are not moderator, you can only select screens in the room you are in. If you want to save screens from a breakout room you must do it while you are still in the breakout room.
- Click OK.
You have saved your whiteboards!
Loading Whiteboards (Moderators only)
If you are moderator you can also load whiteboards. If you are not moderator this option is not greyed out but you will get a message saying you don't have access when you try to load.
- From the File menu choose Load then Whiteboard
- Select the place for the new whiteboard(s) (Replace current screen, After current screen, etc.)
- Browse to find the location of the files you want to upload in the drop-down list next to "Look In".
- Choose the type of file to load
by selecting the "Filter for" option in "Files of Type". Your options are
- Powerpoint (ppt) - each Powerpoint slide will make a new whiteboard.
- Image files (jpg, gif, png) - the image will be placed on a new whiteboard.
- Whiteboard files (wbp and wbd) - these where saved in the previous steps.
- Click "Open"