Log on Instructions
Log on to Sitka campus computers and to UAS Online!
Click here if you are off-campus
Logging on to the Campus computers
You will need your UAS username and password to log onto the campus computer system. Your UAS username is something like “tsabc” or “tsxyz3” – two letters, followed by your initials and sometimes numbers.
If you can't remember your UAS username and/or password:
If you are using a campus computer
- Type “CTRL-ALT-DELETE” – this means hold down the “Ctrl” key, the “Alt” key and the “Delete” key simultaneously.
- You'll get a screen explaining the computer use policy.
- Click “OK” or type “Enter” for next screen.
(If you don't understand these instructions - type "Enter" and you will get a help screen showing the typical location of these keys)
- This gets you to a Log On screen.
If you are on campus and don’t know your UAS username
See instructions in the Sitka campus computer labs - the User name and password for accessing the UAS ELMO (Easy Login Maintenance Option) are located there.
- Enter the User Name posted in the labs
- Type Tab or click in the next box
- Enter the Password posted in the labs (it will appear as dots)
- Make sure the “Log on to” says “UAS” in the bottom box -- if it doesn't then click on the small arrow to the right of that list and choose "UAS".
If you are off-campus – go to http://www.uas.alaska.edu/elmo/ instead
Once you are on the UAS Elmo site:
- Enter your birthdate and last 4 digits of your social security number.
- ELMO will then tell you your UAS username (“tsxyz” or something similar).
- You can set your password in the box to the right. Type in your password twice to make sure it is entered correctly.
- Write down your username and password.
- Click the Log Off button once you have determined your UAS username and set your password.
When you know your UAS username and password:
On a campus computer:
- Type Ctrl-Alt-Delete (hold down all three keys)
- Enter your UAS username and password (make sure the bottom box says “Log on to” UAS)
- Now you have can use the on-campus computer.
To Login to UAS Online!
- Open Internet Explorer or Netscape.
- Go to http://www.uas.alaska.edu/online/
- In the upper right corner is the Login - enter your UAS username and password.
After you've logged in
- You'll be at your personalized UAS Online start page.
- On the right you will see a list of your classes.
- Use the "drop down" list to select the semester you want.
- Click on the class you want to enter.
- Some classes have a "splash page" - click on the "Go to Homesite" button.
- At the Homesite you can read Announcements and scroll down to find "Assignments" and "Resources".
To learn more about using UAS Online - See the Student Tutorial