Writing Improvement Program
Individualized help at no cost to you!
Services• Preparation for college English classes
• Preparation for the GED writing test
• Help writing requirements for your job
• Help with revising or organizing your resume or
job application letter
• Help improving your score on college placement tests
The UAS Sitka Campus Student Success Center can help you improve your writing skills.
By enrolling in the Writing Improvement Program, you will receive an assessment of your current skills and specific projects and assistance to help you reach your individual goals.
How much is it?
There is no cost. This is provided as a community service by the UAS Sitka Campus. You may register over the phone.
When and where is help offered?
Call for appointment
Who should enroll?• Adults who are planning to attend college and are unsure of their writing skills.
• Adults who want an audience for their writing to assist in revisions.
• Adults who are preparing for the writing portion of the GED test.
• Adults who are preparing for college placement tests.
• Adults who have difficulty with the writing requirements of their jobs.
• Adults who need help organizing or revising their resumes or employment
What is the format?
After registering, students will be asked to complete an interview with the instructor to establish their personal goals for the program. They will be asked to complete a writing sample or submit some of their work, if appropriate. The instructor or writing assistant will work with the student on specific projects to improve skills. Local Sitka students can contact the instructor through the Student Success Center. E-Learning students will work by phone, fax, or e-mail.
How do I enroll?
For more information or to register for the Writing Improvement Program call David Felts in the Student Success Center. (contact info below)
Davis Felts 907-747-7717
Toll Free: 1-800-478-6653, ext. 7717