The University of Alaska Southeast Water and Wastewater Operator Training program assists operators in developing, enhancing and maintaining technical, managerial, and financial capacity of their systems, for increased public health protection and sustained compliance with the requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
We strive to provide system owners and operators with the highest quality training and education, whether you need to prepare for the State of Alaska operator certification exam, are looking for short special topic courses to meet your continuing education requirements for recertification, or would like technical assistance or specialized training for your location.
UAS Sitka offers the following water management courses via distance learning for certification or recertification:
- Bacteriological Sampling of Potable Water Systems
- Cross Connections
- Diaphragm Chemical Feed Pumps
- Small Treated Water Systems
- Small Untreated Water Systems
- Using pH Meters
- Water / Wastewater Chemistry Part 1
- Water / Wastewater Chemistry Part 2
- Well and System Disinfection
Contact our staff to arrange one of the following trainings for your community or organization:
- Water Operator Treatment Training Provisional Level 1
- Sanitary Survey Training
- Backflow Assembly Tester Training
In order to participate in one of these online courses, you will need:
- A computer with Internet access
- Speakers and a microphone or headphones
- An e-mail address that is your own, not shared (we can help you with this if necessary)
Details for course enrollment and payment can be accessed through our online registration system.
After you have registered for a course, you will receive an email with your online course access information. It may take up to 24-48 hours for your course to be available to you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance if you have any questions.
Once you have completed any of the online courses, at the end of the last module you will be provided with a link to a printable certificate of completion.
When you have completed the Treated or Untreated prep course for the State of Alaska Water Systems Operator Certification, you will need to contact the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Water to take the exam.