Get Your Career in Gear with UAS Sitka
Current High School Students
Take college classes while still finishing your high school diploma through our Dual Enrollment program.
Students Under 18
Underage students who have not completed high school or a GED may also enroll, on a course-by-course basis.
Recent High School or Home School Graduates
Whether you have decided on a degree program or are unsure about what you want to do next, we recommend you connect with one of our Student Success Advisors to assist you with your educational goals and next steps. They will tell you about Sitka Start, our opportunity for students to do their first year of college right here in Sitka, and then transfer to the college of their choice.
Transition from High School to College
If you are a student with a disability, our advisors can assist you with your transition from high school to college by connecting you with our Disability Services and Resources.
Checklist for Entering a Program
Are you ready to pursue an educational program at UAS Sitka Campus? This checklist will guide you through the process. Many of the steps can be completed at the same time, in order to streamline your progress.
- Connect with an Advisor - Regardless of your location, our advisors are available to assist you with your career and educational goals, and connect you with the appropriate resources along the way.
- Take Placement Tests - Placement tests assess your abilities in English, Math, and Computers, in order to help determine your course selections. Our tutors can assist you with various options in preparing for and taking the exams you need.
- Apply for Admission - To work toward a degree or to apply for financial aid, you will need to be admitted into a program. Our advisors are available to assist you with admission requirements and the online application process.
- Apply for Financial Aid - If you need financial assistance to help pay for your tuition, the very first step is completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Our advisors are available to assist you with understanding your options and the processes involved.
- Register for Classes - Whether you are a part-time or a full-time student, stay on track with your degree program by selecting, scheduling and registering for your classes.
- Arrange for Payment - If you are not applying for financial assistance, payment plans are available. Please apply early, as tuition and fees are due at the beginning of each semester.
"I took six welding classes at UAS while I was at Mt Edgecumbe High School."
Marsha Togiak, Welding Graduate