UAS and the School of Management are committed to providing resources and connections that empower our graduates and current students to reach their academic and career goals. To stay informed about opportunities available in your community and your fields of study sign up for the School of Management newsletter and regularly check this website for position updates.
For comprehensive career counseling and resources, the School of Management encourages you to contact UAS Career Services. Career Services is an excellent resource for students and recent graduates seeking full- or part-time employment. Career Services staff can help you create, update and enhance your resume, improve your job search skills. Contact the Career Services office by phone (907-796-6000) or e-mail email@example.com to learn more about the wealth of resources they can offer to help you get the most out of your college experience and beyond.
An internship is a planned, “real world” learning experience that provides an opportunity to gain practical, on-the-job training in a field of interest to you. It serves as a bridge between the classroom and the world of work, allowing you to apply what you have learned in school to real-life work experiences. You can think of it as apprentice-type training.
Internships are usually short-term, structured and supervised. Because of the emphasis on learning internships are often coordinated to provide academic credit.
The internships listed below are opportunities that have been submitted by the employer. To arrange for academic credit you will need to coordinate with a faculty advisor from your department. For more general information, you are encouraged to review the Career Services site. Generally, the student is responsible for completing assigned tasks and meeting pre-established objectives. The faculty supervisor acts as a liaison and representative of the academic department in order to maintain the instructional goals of the internship experience. The employer provides instruction, guidance, and general assistance for the duration of the internship.
|Intern - Implementation COIS or Mathematics Majors||FAST Enterprises||COIS or Mathematics Major||Open until filled|
|Intern - Investments||Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation||See internship posting||March 11th, 2015|
|Intern - Multiple Opportunities||A.E. Schwartz & Associates||Basic computer and communication skills||Open Until Filled|
|Intern - NOAA, USFS, US Department of Natural Resources, etc.||US Government||Current students and recent graduates||See website link for deadlines|
After years of dedicated study, finding the right job can seem daunting. Students and graduates of the School of Management programs can count on our partnerships across the state to help launch a successful career. Faculty and staff are continually networking with employers across the state to find opportunities for you, and employers consistently look to UAS to provide highly skilled graduates to fill positions within their businesses.
To stay informed about opportunities available in your community and your fields of study, sign up for the School of Management newsletter and regularly check this website for position updates.
|Accounting Clerk and Bookkeeper Positions, full and part time||Cameron Plumbing||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|Personal Lines Agent||Shattuck & Grummett Insurance||See Job Posting for details||Open until filled|
|Revenue Cycle Analyst, Full-time||Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC)||Bachelor's degree in either Accounting or Finance||Open until filled|
|Technical Administrative Assistant||Wostmann and Associates||Open to all students||Open until filled|
Employer ResourcesThe School of Management partners with businesses across the State of Alaska and the Yukon to connect qualified graduates with employers. You will find School of Management graduates at all experience levels in businesses, state agencies, tribal corporations, and non-profits across Alaska.
The School of Management is committed to quality partnerships that provide excellent opportunities to graduates and currents student seeking to realize their career and academic goals.
By collaborating with the School of Management, you can benefit from the following opportunities:
- Job & Internship Posting – Promote opportunities with your business for free. Complete the Posting Form and your position notice will be shared on the website and in the SOM e-newsletter sent every semester. Submit the Posting Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Informational Events – If you are interested in promoting opportunities with your company, the School of Management can coordinate informational events which can provide increased awareness of your company and put you in direct contact with our students. Informational events can be promoted to all our students, reaching an audience on-campus and statewide. Contact Katy Jordan for more information about coordinating an event.
- On-Campus and Distance Interviews – The School of Management can provide the facilities and scheduling for on-campus and phone interviews. Contact Katy Jordan for more information about coordinating an event.
- UAS Career Fair – UAS Career Services hosts a Career Fair every spring. This is a great opportunity to reach hundreds of on-campus students and the greater UAS community. If you are interested in hosting a table during this event please contact the Career Services office by phone (907-796-6000).
- Internship Development – If this is the first time you’ve implemented an internship with your business, use the Posting Form as a template to create a position description. Begin by identifying the position description, tasks, and the required qualifications. The duration, hours per week, and wage is up to you as the employer. If you have any questions or need help preparing your position description, please send an email to email@example.com.