Making a Difference
There is still time to participate in the campaign and help meet needs that state funding just doesn’t cover.
The 2009 Faculty & Staff Campaign was launched at a Convocation reception on August 20. More than 120 faculty and staff members attended the event for this year’s campaign – an effort to raise private funds in support of the University’s mission. Since August 20 more than $7,900 has been raised from 20 faculty & staff members.
There is still time to participate in the campaign and help meet needs that state funding just doesn’t cover. Those who give $50 or more will receive their choice of a UAS logo mini travel umbrella or a reusable insulated UAS logo lunch tote. Final campaign results for the Juneau campus campaign will be announced during Halloween festivities on Oct. 31. Additionally, all 2009 Faculty & Staff Campaign donors will be invited to a celebration event to be held next spring.
Similar Faculty & Staff Campaigns are planned for the Sitka and Ketchikan campuses.
Here are just a few of the funds that need your support:
- UAS Student Engagement Fund to provide funding for student internships, field experiences and service learning activities
- Ketchikan Trail Maintenance & Development to facilitate financial support for the development & maintenance of the Rainbird Trail as it meets the UAS Ketchikan campus
- UAS Eagle Totem Pole Project to provide funding for an Eagle totem on the Auke Lake campus
- Sitka Campus General Support to fund scholarships for UAS Sitka campus students
- UAS Scholarship Support for all campuses and Departmental Support Funds to provide the “extra” things that help make departments excel