Farewell from Education Faculty Marsha Gladhart

I cannot say enough about the quality of candidates in the Educational Technology Program.

Marsha at 2010 CommencementI came to UAS and the School of Education (then the Center for Teacher Education) in 2004 after accepting the position of Coordinator of Educational Technology. After I applied for the position on a whim, I realized I had no intention of moving from Kansas to Alaska. The search committee convinced me to at least come for an interview so I finally looked up Juneau on a map to find out where it was and how to get there.

During that interview I fell in love with the people and the town. Before I left I knew I had found my new home so I retired from Wichita State University and accepted the position with UAS. The people in Juneau are amazing. They are friendly, generous, and active.

The UAS faculty and staff were immediately welcoming and have continued to be a great source of collegial support. I cannot say enough about the quality of candidates in the Educational Technology Program. I am inspired and educated by them each semester. The daily dose of mountains and wildlife have also been a source of wonder for this born and raised flatlander. Teaching at UAS and living in Juneau have been gifts I will always treasure as I retire and move to Washington for my next adventure.

Content maintained by Webmaster.