"I’m fully committed here at UAS for the spring term and I look forward to a full and productive semester". — Marsha Sousa, Dean of Arts and Sciences

After a great deal of thought I have decided to accept a job back in Fairbanks at UAF.  I’ll be leaving at the end of the spring semester and will begin working for UAF June 1 as Director of the Honors Program.  I’ll also get to return to teaching, something I find I miss more than I had imagined.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with all of you; you are the reason it is difficult to leave.  To a person you are talented, committed, energetic, and downright fun to work with.  I will miss that very much.

We have lots of time to finish up some of the things we have begun before I leave and time to put a few more things in place as well. I’m fully committed here at UAS for the spring term and I look forward to a full and productive semester.—Marsha Sousa, Dean of Arts and Sciences, Vice Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs

I know I speak for all in saying how much we appreciate the talent and professionalism of Dean Marsha Sousa who has announced her decision to take a new position at the University of Alaska Fairbanks effective June 1, 2014. You will be missed, Marsha! You’ve provided much-valued leadership here at UAS. I’m glad we’ll have the benefit of that leadership through the Spring 2014 semester. We’ll plan on an appropriate time later this semester to celebrate your accomplishments and wish you well as you take on your new opportunities.

"In looking forward, I’ve consulted with the Chancellor about our moving ahead with a search for a new Dean as soon as possible". – Rick Caulfield, Provost

Content maintained by Webmaster.