This year, UAS expects another record-breaking year.
The University of Alaska Southeast holds annual commencement ceremonies May 2-4, 2014.
The Juneau campus holds its 43rd annual commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 4 at 2 p.m. at the Charles Gamble Jr.-Donald Sperl Joint Use Facility, (UAS Rec Center). The Ketchikan ceremony is Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 3:00 P.M. at Ted Ferry Civic Center and the Sitka ceremony is Friday, May 2, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. in the Lecture Hall, Rm. 229. The public is invited to join the celebrations
In 2013, UAS conferred 625 awards to 557 students – more than any previous year. This year, UAS expects another record-breaking year. 685 (+23%) UAS students have already graduated or applied to graduate with 787 (+26%) occupational endorsements, certificates, degrees, or licensures.
- The youngest UAS graduate is 17; the oldest is 70. The average age of our graduates is 33; the majority are in the 30-39 age range (29.2%, n=200).
- 63.5% (n=435) of our graduates are women.
- Nearly 12% (n=79) of our graduates are Alaska Native/American Indian.
- Nearly 9 out of 10 graduates (89.2%, n=611) are from Alaska.
- The Juneau Campus will confer about 80% (n=636) of the awards.
- Most of the awards are in the schools of Education (35%, n=272) and Management (23%, n=177).
- That corresponds with the majority of awards being master’s degrees (25%, n=195) and graduate licensures (13%, n=104).
- The top ten programs are: Associate of Arts, OEC Law Enforcement, MAT in Secondary Education, BLA Interdisciplinary Studies, AAS Business Administration, Graduate licensure Elementary Education, BBA Accounting, MPA, and the MED and graduate licensure in Reading.