- Complete your financial aid including submitting all required forms.
- After your financial aid is complete, fill out the book voucher and select "submit".
- When your voucher is available, MBS Books will send e-mail notification to the e-mail address you provide.
- See "How do I find my books" for more information on purchasing books for your class
Vouchers can NOT be used to order books for UAA or UAF courses or from any bookstore other than MBS books.
- Go to the MBS Direct bookstore website
- Click on the "Order Your Books" link
- Select method of payment (credit card or voucher / financial aid)
- Select campus click "Continue"
- Check the boxes next to the appropriate courses and click "Continue"
- Add books to cart as needed and click "Review Cart"
- Review your cart and then "Proceed to Checkout"
The first thing you should do is double check that you are looking in the correct "campus" section. For example, there are two sections for Juneau: one is "Juneau-Distance Learning" and one is "Juneau-Campus".
Second, you might check the course website to make sure a book is actually required.
Last, you can call or email the "bookstore" staff. Since there is no physical bookstore, there will be minimal staff, so this may take a little extra time. You may need to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. Alternatively, MBS may be able to help. Their phone number is 1-800-325-3252 until 2:00 p.m. Alaska time, and they also have a contact form and chat feature on their website.
You may return books according to MBS policy. For details, please contact MBS support through their website or by phone at 1-800-325-3252.
MBS has a buy back program in place. They will email students offering to buy back books purchased, advising how much they will pay. If the student agrees, MBS will email a prepaid shipping label. The student then sends the book back and receives check or credit.
If a student buys their book elsewhere, they will arrange any buy back on their own through their chosen supplier.
Refund checks are no longer availalble from the bookstore. You will have to contact Student Accounts at 907-796-6267 for information on your refund check.