UAS Pet Policy
- Pets may be brought on University property provided that the animal is:
- confined in the owner's automobile (with consideration for weather conditions and ventilation); and
- on a leash and accompanied at all times by an individual capable of controlling the animal.
- Anyone who brings a pet on University property must:
- comply with CBJ ordinance requirements for sanitary disposal (08.40.040);
- assume all financial responsibility for any damage to property or injury to individuals caused by the animal.
- Pets may not be tethered to University buildings, structures, motor vehicles, trees, railings, light poles, benches, posts, or other structures.
- Pets may not be taken into a University building except as listed below:
- housing facilities where pets are specifically allowed:
- animals maintained on campus in non-residence areas for research and laboratory purposes, with the approval of teaching, research, or service departments;
- those animals specifically trained and in control of disabled individuals, including seeing-eye dogs and hearing-ear dogs, and so on.
- Animals found tethered to University property or wandering loose on campus may be impounded or reported to the local enforcement agency.
- Repeat offenses or serious violations will lead to referral to the appropriate University authorities and/or the local enforcement agency for further action.
Content maintained by Webmaster with assistance from UAS Student Services.