If you are using any kind of tuition waiver, please fill form out completely and submit it to the Student Accounts office. You may submit by fax (907) 796-6006 or in person at the Novatney Building room 215.
Senior Citizen Waiver
UA Board of Regents policy waives regular tuition for Alaska residents at the age of full Social Security retirement benefits. You are eligible to utilize the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver and enroll in UAS courses if:
- you are a permanent resident of Alaska;
- you are eligible to receive full Social Security retirement benefits; and
- there is space (i.e. no wait list) in the class or classes you want.
Do not register until the first day of instruction if you are using a senior tuition waiver. You must meet both age and residency requirements by one of the following dates to be eligible for thte corresponding semester: September 1 for fall; January 1 for spring; May 1 for summer. Reimbursments will not be made to senior citizens who pay for a course and then request a waiver. Please call (907) 796-6267 for more information.
Employee Tuition Waiver
Employee tuition waivers "waive" the cost of 12 credits per academic year for University employees. Other criteria:
- Tuition waivers cover tuition only.
- The employee must be employed on the first day of instruction to be eligible.
- The employee is responsible for paying all other fees by the payment deadline.
- Tuition waiver forms must be submitted before the end of the semester.
- Tuition Waivers must be signed by the employee to be valid.
- Reimbursements will not be made to employees/dependents who pay for a course or courses and later become eligible.
- Dependents must be under the age of 24 on the first day of instruction to be eligible.
- Waivers found to be ineligible will be reversed and the students will be responsible for payment of waived tuition
Please mail or fax waivers to the Business Office at 11120 Glacier Hwy, Juneau, AK 99801 or (907) 796-6006.