ED S593 Information
Please see below for instructions regarding ED S593 courses.
Instructions for Students
This information is for students that wish to register for ED S593 Continuing Education Courses. If you have not taken courses through the University of Alaska (UAA, UAF, or UAS) or have not taken courses within the last 2 years, please apply for admission as a non-degree seeking student (see instructions below).
How to Apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student
For Professional Development/593 classes online registration is the only option. Paper registration forms received by the Registrar's office will not be processed and will be returned to the student.
If you are not already part of a degree program apply as a non-degree seeking student and then register for Professional Development/593 classes through UAOnline.
Students are allowed to drop the class prior to the first meeting. No drop or withdraw option is available once the class starts.
For more information contact the Alaska College of Education by phone at 907-796-6050 or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) by phone at 907-786-1933 or through email (email@example.com).
How To Register for Professional Development/593 Classes Online
- Login to UAOnline
- Select Student Services and Account Information
- Select Registration
- Select Register/Add/Drop Classes (Add/Drop available only during the Drop Period)
- Select the term
- Enter the Course Reference Number (CRN) under the Add Classes Worksheet. If you are registering for multiple classes enter the CRNs in separate boxes.
- Select Complete Registration Changes
- Read and accept the notice of responsibility to pay the tuition and fees associated with the class(es). A current schedule will appear above the Add Classes Worksheet. Verify that the status says "Registered Web on [Current Date]"
- Select Pay Now. Contact the Student Accounts Office for further assistance or questions regarding payment.
Instructions for ED S593 Instructors
This information is for instructors of ED S593 Continuing Education Courses.
Grading Instructions for ED S593 Courses:
- Login to UAOnline
- Select Faculty Services
- Select Enter Grades
- Your courses will then be listed at the top. Select a course by clicking anywhere on that course line.
- After selecting a course, the class roster will appear below. If you are using a small monitor or a tablet, use the vertical and horizontal scroll bars to view all row and column information.
- Click on each student line under Final Grade column to assign grades from a drop-down grade box.
- Select Save to save the grades. Grades can also be imported from an Excel spreadsheet using the “Tools” tab, top right. For detailed instructions see the Faculty Grading Instructions
- Only the primary instructor for the class is allowed to submit grades online for that class. Grades can be adjusted and changed while you work. You may assign final grades to some students and Submit or Save those, then log back in later and grade those remaining.
- Every student listed must be graded. Students who withdrew or audited may already show a grade of W or AU. If not, please assign a grade and the W or AU (as appropriate) will replace any grade you assign.
- When assigning I, F, or NB you must also enter the Last Date Attended for that student (a federal funding requirement). The date given must be within the class date range (shown at the bottom of the Faculty Detail Schedule page, or in the Course Details tab). If the exact date is unknown, give your best estimate. For students who never attended, enter the first day of class and also enter zero (0) Hours Attended. For students who attended the entire duration of the class, enter the last day of class.
- Online grades submitted electronically are subsequently “rolled” into the database, and further online changes are locked out. Once rolled, the grade can be changed only by using a Change of Grade form.
If you have questions regarding student registration status, grading, or the online grading process, contact the Registrar's Office at 907-796-6100, your local campus Records office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Create an ED S593 course
Are you an instructor looking to create an ED S593 Continuing Education course with UAS? You've come to the right place!
Please contact Kayti Coonjohn, Assistant to the Executive Dean of the Alaska College of Education at email@example.com for more information.