If you need help right now
Phone 911 for help.
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for phone or video appointments. Email or call for more information. For information, please visit the UA coronavirus information website.
Other urgent or emergency situation
Unless otherwise specified, these services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Suicide Prevention Lifelines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Alaska Careline: 1-877-266-4357
An explanation of what will happen when you call the Alaska Careline.
- JAMHI Health and Wellness (JAMHI) on-call counselor: 907-463-3303
- Crisis Text Line: text “Hello” to 741741
After Hours Tele-counseling & Crisis Intervention
- JAMHI Health and Wellness: 24-Hour Crisis Line: 907-463-3303, Toll Free: 855-463-3303
You do not need to be a JAMHI client to call.
- SEARHC 24-Hour Help Line: 1-877-294-0074
- Southeast Crisis Helpline (24-Hour Trauma Support): 907-747-6500 — operated by "Sitkans Against Family Violence"
If you have been sexually assaulted
- AWARE Shelter (Sexual Assault/Rape/Incest): 907-586-1090
Concerns about domestic violence or abuse
General on-campus assistance
- UAS Dean of Students Care Team
If you are worried about someone else
The Counseling Services Clinicians are available for consultation with students, faculty, and staff who are concerned about a student. You may contact them through the SRC by phone (907) 796-6000, email email@example.com to discuss your concerns and help with assessing how best to respond. This may include providing you with ideas for referring the student for professional care.