Faculty Grading Instructions
Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for phone or video appointments. Email or call for more information. For information, please visit the UA coronavirus information website.
- Login to UAOnline
- Select Faculty Services
- Select Enter Grades
- Your courses will then be listed at the top. Select a course by clicking anywhere on that course line.
- After selecting a course, the class roster will appear below. If you are using a small monitor or a tablet, use the vertical and horizontal scroll bars to view all row and column information.
- Click on each student line under Final Grade column to assign grades from a drop-down grade box.
- Select Save to save the grades. Grades can also be imported from an Excel spreadsheet using the “Tools” tab, top right. For detailed instructions see the Faculty Grading Instructions
- Only the primary instructor for the class is allowed to submit grades online for that class. Grades can be adjusted and changed while you work. You may assign final grades to some students and Submit or Save those, then log back in later and grade those remaining.
- Every student listed must be graded. Students who withdrew or audited may already show a grade of W or AU. If not, please assign a grade and the W or AU (as appropriate) will replace any grade you assign.
- When assigning I, F, or NB you must also enter the Last Date Attended for that student (a federal funding requirement). The date given must be within the class date range (shown at the bottom of the Faculty Detail Schedule page, or in the Course Details tab). If the exact date is unknown, give your best estimate. For students who never attended, enter the first day of class and also enter zero (0) Hours Attended. For students who attended the entire duration of the class, enter the last day of class.
- Online grades submitted electronically are subsequently “rolled” into the database, and further online changes are locked out. Once rolled, the grade can be changed only by using a Change of Grade form.
If you have questions regarding student registration status, grading, or the online grading process, contact the Registrar's Office at 907-796-6100, your local campus Records office, or email email@example.com.