The Reading Specialist programs (Master of Education and Graduate Certificate) are exclusively available from the UAS Alaska College of Education. These programs are nationally recognized by the International Literacy Association. Classes in these program can be taken primarily online, with the exception of one three-week summer residency.
Handbooks and Resources
Do not hesitate to contact the Student Services Assistant with any questions about application materials of the application process.
Required Admissions Materials
The following items are necessary for a complete application file:
- Complete Graduate Application and pay fee
- Send Official Transcripts with 3.0 GPA to UAS. Please note: transcripts from UAA, UAF, or UAS are not required to be submitted
- Obtain two recommendations on the online AKCOE form from former or current professors or supervisors who are not related to you.
This requirement will be met when we receive recommendations from the references applicants provide contact information for in the UAS application portal
- Submit Writing sample per these instructions
- Complete Statement of Ability to do Field Experience
- Submit Resume
- Submit a copy of current teaching or administrative certificate
Send all of these items to:UAS Admissions
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801-8671
Lisa K. Richardson, Ph.D.
Assistant ProfessorProfile and contact info