Applying for Certification
If you have completed a UAS AKCOE program that results in teacher certification or endorsement you must complete the following:
- Complete the request form for the State-Approved Program Verification Form.
- Find the appropriate certification form from the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development website. Follow the directions to complete the application.
- UAS AKCOE will mail you a completed Program Verification form. This process can take three to six weeks from when we receive your request.
- When you recieve your State-Approved Program Verification form from UAS, request your official transcripts.
- Once your certification application is complete, make a copy of the packet for your own records and mail the originals to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development.