Covid-19 Office Operations
Our offices are available for phone or video appointments. Email or call for more information. For information, please visit the UA coronavirus information website.
Submitting Tuition Waivers
If you are using any kind of tuition waiver, please complete waiver request form and submit it to the Student Accounts office. You may submit by email email@example.com, fax (907) 796-6006, or in person at the Novatney Building room 215. DocuSign forms have been added to the UAS Student Accounts Forms for your convenience.
Students who will be receiving tuition assistance through a government agency or other third-party should refer to Third-Party Billing.
Senior Citizen Waiver
The UA Board of Regents policy waives regular tuition for Alaska residents at the age of full Social Security retirement benefits. You are eligible to utilize the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver and enroll in UAS courses if:
- you are a permanent resident of Alaska;
- you are eligible to receive full Social Security retirement benefits; and
- there is space (i.e. no wait list) in the class or classes you want.
Do not register until the first day of instruction if you are using a senior tuition waiver. You must meet both age and residency requirements by one of the following dates to be eligible for the corresponding semester:
Reimbursements will not be made to senior citizens who pay for a course and then request a waiver. Please call (907) 796-6267 for more information.
Employee Tuition Waiver
Employee tuition waivers "waive" the cost of 16 credits per academic year for university employees. Other criteria:
- Tuition waivers cover tuition only
- The employee must be employed on the first day of instruction to be eligible
- Employees may waive a maximum of 8 tuition credits per semester
- The employee is responsible for paying all other fees by the payment deadline
- Tuition waivers must be submitted before the end of the semester
- Tuition waivers must be signed by the employee to be valid
- Reimbursements will not be made to employees/dependents who pay for a course or courses and later become eligible
- Dependents must be under the age of 24 on the first day of instruction to be eligible
- Waivers found to be ineligible will be reversed and the students will be responsible for payment of waived tuition
Tuition Waiver Request forms can be located on the Forms page for electronic submission. Forms may also be submitted via mail to the UAS Student Accounts Office at 11066 Auke Lake Way, Juneau, AK 99801.