UAS Center for Mine Training
The Mission of the UAS/CMT is to provide world-class workforce training in occupational fields leading to employment in the mining industry, with a special emphasis on expanding an Alaskan workforce for underground hard rock mining. "Operated in partnership with the University of Alaska's Statewide Corporate Programs and UA Mining and Petroleum Training Service (MAPTS)."
We offer classes and training for people looking for work in the mining industry as well as upgrade training for those already employed in the mining industry.
- Occupational Endorsement: Power Technology with an emphasis in Mine Mechanics
- Associate of Applied Science in Mine Mechanic
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48a Underground Inexperienced New Miner
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48a Underground Refresher
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48b Surface Inexperienced New Miner
- Workforce Credential - MSHA Part 48b Surface Refresher