The mission of Campus Recreation at the University of Alaska Southeast is to:
- Provide a safe and accessible recreation facility that enhances the health, wellness and quality of life of the greater University community.
- Offer diverse experiences and experiential educational opportunities that facilitate healthy habits, leadership opportunities, campus involvement, and holistic personal growth.
- Initiate and participate in collaborative efforts that enhance the stewardship of resources and engage the Juneau community.
- Maintain a philosophy that promotes the development of student leaders and a community of respect.
Campus Recreation at The University of Alaska Southeast will offer diverse recreational programs that promote and facilitate physical fitness and an active student life.
- Developing programs that promote fitness and overall wellbeing.
- Developing and promoting a physically engaged campus community.
- Serving as a center for physical activity and mental health.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for student activity.
- Students will gain skills that contribute to a healthy lifestyle, through emotional and physical health.
- Students will be able to articulate the principles of leadership, organization, and sportsmanship.
- Students will understand the relationship between physical health, personal and academic success.
- Students will be able to identify safety and stewardship standards for recreation in South East Alaska.
- Students will be exposed to community resources relating to wellness and recreation.